Why work with ZOO?
Working with ZOO is a unique opportunity to work with a leading provider of subtitling, dubbing and captioning for the biggest names in the movie business. We count Hollywood studios, global broadcasters and independent distributors among our growing client base. From Sheffield to London and LA, what makes us standout is our ethos which encourages innovation and uses ground-breaking technology to make complex working lives simpler.
We employ the brightest and most original thinkers in our industry and value the creativity and personalities that make ZOO an exciting and dynamic place to work. We’re always interested in hearing from talented team-orientated people who love a challenge, welcome change and who get things done, especially client services specialists, translators and software professionals. Sound like you? Then take a look at our latest opportunities, we’d love to hear from you.
As an English Editor, you will be required to create, reformat and edit captions primarily for trailers and promotional materials for film and TV.
As part of the role, you will be responsible for managing tight deadlines, scheduling, integrating technology effectively, and communicating with ZOO project coordinators and subtitle operators.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an interest in language
- Able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, completing projects accurately and to deadline with minimal supervision
- Proactive, flexible, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to work independently and as a team player
- Able to learn to use specific, subtitle-centric computer programs
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional listening skills
- Able to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information
- Able to work overtime as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English or a related field
- Captioning, Subtitling, or other Post-production experience
- Fast and accurate typing skills – minimum 60 wpm
- Working knowledge of creative software and/or captioning software
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Firefox, Chrome Internet software; Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
The Project Coordinator plans, creates, and coordinates subtitling activities to ensure that goals or objectives of each project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establishes work plan for each phase of project, and serves as a liaison between the company and the clients to facilitate workflow.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Prepares projects for billing.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Other duties may be assigned.
The Translation Coordinator is responsible for the coordination, creation, translation, and quality control of all subtitle projects.
- Serves as a liaison between ZOO, its clients and its translators.
- Creating work orders.
- Setting up projects using our internal workflow management system.
- Selects suitable freelancers according to skill set and rates.
- Allocates projects for translation to translators.
- Verifies timelines for project deliveries.
- Performs new translator set up.
- Maintains and update our translator database.
- Coordinates with external vendors as needed.
- All administrative duties as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 2+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)