Why work with ZOO?
Working with ZOO is a unique opportunity to work with a leading provider of subtitling, dubbing and captioning for the biggest names in the movie business. We count Hollywood studios, global broadcasters and independent distributors among our growing client base. From Sheffield to London and LA, what makes us standout is our ethos which encourages innovation and uses ground-breaking technology to make complex working lives simpler.
We employ the brightest and most original thinkers in our industry and value the creativity and personalities that make ZOO an exciting and dynamic place to work. We’re always interested in hearing from talented team-orientated people who love a challenge, welcome change and who get things done, especially client services specialists, translators and software professionals. Sound like you? Then take a look at our latest opportunities, we’d love to hear from you.
Digital Asset Coordinator
The Digital Asset Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all assets coming into and going out of the building digitally and physically.
Digital asset management includes transferring various file formats in different stages of production via multiple transfer methods and distribution/notification to other departments. Physical asset management includes logging assets into database upon arrival, notification to other departments, and asset tracking throughout production stages. Digital asset coordinators are responsible for DVD/BD processing and shipments to replicators.
Digital asset coordinators will assist in backup verification and upload of electronic sell-through projects. This position is also required to assist with file management of archived projects by taking responsibility of external client production archiving. The Digital Asset Coordinators are also in charge of company shipping and handling of assets.
- Digital File Management -- Downloads/Uploads of assets via various transfer methods. Verify files by running check sums. Notification and distribution to other departments/ external contacts. Communicate and alert appropriate staff/client about any discrepancies or issues with assets.
- Physical Asset Management - Ingest and sort assets as received from client. Notification and distribution to other departments. Track physical assets throughout production. Communicate and alert appropriate staff/client about any discrepancies or issues with assets.
- DVD/BD Shipments -- DVD verifier, create DDP images, Eclipse verification, BOM, and
- Communication of status of production assets/projects with all departments to ensure timely
- Functional understanding of digital media in relation to various production workflows.
- Management of Aspera hot folders created using the client.
- Assist IT department with archive restores using physical media and database research.
- Assist IT department with production archives through file management.
- Accountable for external DVD/BD/Menus/Trailers Production archives.
- Shipping and receiving assets via courier, FedEx & UPS.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred.
- Previous Production or Vault experience highly desirable.
- Experience in file management using windows explorer, cmd line, checksums (MD5, SHA, CRC).
- Experience with high capacity data entry in proprietary systems.
- Experience with multiple operating systems - Windows and Mac OSX.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite 2000,2003,2007,2010. (60 WPM +)
- Experience with virtual desktops.
- Experience with various physical asset formats -- CD-R, DVD-R, BD-R, DAT, DA-88, Magneto Optical, Digital BetaCAM, BetaCam-SP, HDCAM, HDCAM-SR, D1, D2, D5, External Hard Drives etc.
- Experience with various digital file formats -- various image, audio, video, subtitle, compressed files,
- Experience with digital file transfer methods -- FTP, Aspera, Signiant, cmd line, & proprietary systems.
- Experience with DVD DDP creation -- DVD verification, DDP creation software, Eclipse verification, check sums.
- Experience with XML metadata.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of using multiple servers.
- Previous experience with MPAA security requirements -- enforcement and put in practice.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of DVD/BD production.
- Knowledge of post-production workflows.
- Knowledge of digital distribution workflows.
- Knowledge of subtitling production workflows.
- Experience with putting together computer hardware.
- Experience with software such as ProTools, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative suite, Gear a plus.
- Knowledge of Linux and UNIX operating systems a plus.
- Knowledge of backup software, such as Backup Exec and Unix TAR a plus.
- Experience with programming languages - Ruby, Java, C++, C# etc a plus.
- Knowledge of databases and SQL a plus.
As an English Editor, you will be required to create, reformat and edit captions primarily for trailers and promotional materials for film and TV.
As part of the role, you will be responsible for managing tight deadlines, scheduling, integrating technology effectively, and communicating with ZOO project coordinators and subtitle operators.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an interest in language
- Able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, completing projects accurately and to deadline with minimal supervision
- Proactive, flexible, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to work independently and as a team player
- Able to learn to use specific, subtitle-centric computer programs
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional listening skills
- Able to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information
- Able to work overtime as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English or a related field
- Captioning, Subtitling, or other Post-production experience
- Fast and accurate typing skills – minimum 60 wpm
- Working knowledge of creative software and/or captioning software
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Firefox, Chrome Internet software; Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
Subtitle QC Operator
The Subtitle QC Operator will track, download, convert and QC subtitle streams using company's proprietary subtitling system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain active inventory of all subtitle files for titles.
- Communicate schedules and deliveries with ZOO management and clients.
- Convert subtitle streams for sync and language and valid characters.
- Prepare used subtitles for conversion.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Subtitling Project Management software; Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
The Translation Coordinator is responsible for the coordination, creation, translation, and quality control of all subtitle projects.
- Serves as a liaison between ZOO, its clients and its translators.
- Creating work orders.
- Setting up projects using our internal workflow management system.
- Selects suitable freelancers according to skill set and rates.
- Allocates projects for translation to translators.
- Verifies timelines for project deliveries.
- Performs new translator set up.
- Maintains and update our translator database.
- Coordinates with external vendors as needed.
- All administrative duties as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 2+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)