Timeline of Innovation
- ZOOdubs, the entertainment industry's first cloud-powered dubbing service, launches – and notches up a TV Technology Best in Show award and The IABM’s Design & Innovation Award.
- Creating and re-purposing scripts becomes infinitely easier with the cloud-powered ZOOscripts service.
- Netflix selects ZOO to enter the Netflix Preferred Vendor (NPV) program for media processing.
- Netflix grants NPV status for timed text – placing ZOO among the elite service providers delivering TV and movie content to the platform.
- Whoop! ZOO is named as a top-ten innovator alongside Apple, Microsoft and Google.
- Innovation galore as ZOO launches three new services. Firstly ZOOscreen – an ultra-secure way to showcase video content powered by ZOOtechnology.
- Shortly after, an enriched metadata service to make it easier for audiences to find and interact with TV and movie content.
- Finally, a cloud-powered compliance editing service making content fit for different cultures around the world.
- The global affiliate network kicks off with in-territory localization experts, Hi Media Pros, QLAB, Olive Digital, Kantana Group and Vista India.
- ZOO partners with Honeycomb TV to offer faster and more cost-efficient service in subtitling for the TV advertising.
- BBC Worldwide chooses ZOO for cloud-powered localization services.
- ZOO is selected by Apple to be one of the first five approved iTunes delivery partners.
- Subtitling services powered by ZOOsubs adopted by Hollywood studios and global broadcasters.
- Subtitling service powered by ZOOsubs is born! Helping studios reach audiences everywhere. Hundreds of millions of subtitles to follow.
- ZOO helps traditional publishers digitize their books ready for worldwide distribution.
- ZOO develops cloud-based tool for converting authored video titles into Blu-ray format. Major Hollywood studios join our client list.
- ZOO launches its first cloud-powered service – now managing written translation into over 60 languages for international marketing campaigns.
- Backed by the UK's Technology Strategy Board, ZOO leads a major research and development project – one of many research projects to follow.
- ZOO expands to the entertainment hub of Los Angeles, USA, establishing production services with the acquisition of Scope Seven Inc.
- We develop a canny way to reduce the time and cost of preparing DVD titles for release.
- ZOO's first localization service is launched – helping prepare TV and movie marketing materials ready for worldwide release.
- Hollywood studios and major publishers get involved as ZOO ups the ante on our DVD production services.
- ZOO develops ways to make DVD and video production easier for publishers, with clients like EMI and Universal Pictures International among the first to join us.
- ZOO Digital is born! Innovators and maverick technologists at Kazoo3D plc and ZOO Media Corporation Ltd merge together to start something downright awesome.